The Nephew leaves today, after a seven week visit. We’ll miss him, and I would expect he will at least sometimes miss us!
I fully expected The Nephew to learn a few things while he was here, but I was surprised to find I also learned things from him!
- Learning the difference between a hoodie and a zippy. I don’t know when I will use this information, but at least I am now fully clued up.
- Re-learning how to cook meals that are hugely filling.
- Learning just how much a 22 year old can eat
- Finding out more about x-box and related activities
- Re-discovering the pleasures (and sore muscles) of mixing concrete
…and finally, and most importantly:
- the art of give and take with an easy-going guest