I’m sitting in our office typing an email, and my fingers hurt, making it hard to type. This reminds me that before I came to Spain, I had pretty much avoided injurying myself!
Kenton is different, as he always played sport, so has had many injuries over the years. But, in typical Larson fashion, I played no sport, did not work at a physical job, and generally avoided too much exertion! Aside from work-related RSI, my body was my temple ! 🙂
No longer. Since moving to Spain 5 1/2 years ago I have:
- Broken 2 fingers (a concrete beam slipped and landed on 2 fingers – now moving nicely into painful arthritis!!)
- Broken a big toe
- Acquired numerous scars and scrapes
- Bashed my head when Kenton dropped a metal bar on it (accidentally, I’m sure!)
- Burned the tops and backs of both ears (helping Manuel burn his olive branches)
- Burned my facial hair off (I’ll say no more)
The fingers I think I will have to see a doctor about. They are extremely painful in the cold, and often difficult to bend.
Other injuries I’ll just live with, brave old me, eh?